About the event
Join the event
24kika is an unique skating event for people who want to participate in a special sporting event whilst making fun and raising money for KIKA. Now, what is KIKA? KIKA is a charity that supports the fight against child cancer. Every participant of this event has their own reason to support this cause. No matter if you know a child fighting this battle or not; we are coming together to make the burden a little lighter and raise money for more research!
What is 24kika?
- 24kika is 24-hours skating in a team (or on your own if you dare) at Nedereindse Berg
- During this event you will be skating in a team with a relay system, so there is always one rider per team skating laps
- Every team keeps their own place and their own strategy. No matter if you are aiming for the fastest time and the most laps or if this is your first time ever on skates; every team is welcome to join the fun!
- KIKA is a charity that supports the fight against child cancer by raising money for research and other initiatives
- Every team is required to collect money; either by participating in the selling of lottery tickets (made available by the organisation of this event) or by organizing their own unique sponsorship programmes
The 24h Race (starts on Friday)
- Team up to 6 person
- Kidsteams up to 8 persone
The 6h race (starts on Saturday)
THURSDAY 31 AUGUST
- TBD: Teamspots open
FRIDAY 1 SEPTEMBER:
- 08:00 Teamspots open
- 10:00 Registration open
- 12:30 Registration closed
- 13:30 Participants briefing
- 14:15 Get ready for the opening round
- 14:30 Start opening round
- 14:45 Get ready for the start
- 15:00 Start 24 hour estafette.
SATURDAY 2 SEPTEMBER
- 09:00 Start 6 hour race
- 15:00 Finish for all races
- 15:30 Cheque giving to KIKA
- 15:45 Price giving.
For the ultimate 24h race experience you can stay next to the parcours. Each team can book a team place from where you can start and encourage your team members. At the teamspot you can prepare for your turn and recover from the fast laps. As a team you are responsible for your own teamspot, so you have to bring your own tent, camper etc. Sanitation is provided by the accommodation. You can book a teamspot for €25,- per place.
A team gets 2 transponders. The transponder registers the number of laps and the corresponding associated lap times. The transponder is attached to an ankle strap and the competitor in the track must wear it around the ankle.
Each participant on the parcours is required to wear a helmet. During the night is is required to wear good working lights. Without a helmet or lights during the night you can be disqualified. When you see an accident happen, you are obligated to report this to the organisation. Make sure you read the rulebook before registration. During the event there will be medical first aid.