About the event
Join the event
24kika is a unique skating event for people who want to participate in a special sporting event whilst making fun and raising money for KIKA. Now, what is KIKA? KIKA is a charity that supports the fight against child cancer. Every participant of this event has their own reason to support this cause. No matter if you know a child fighting this battle or not; we are coming together to make the burden a little lighter and raise money for more research!
What is 24kika?
- 24kika is 24-hours skating in a team (or on your own if you dare) at FlevOnice Biddinghuizen
- During this event you will be skating in a team with a relay system, so there is always one rider per team skating laps
- Every team keeps their own place and their own strategy. No matter if you are aiming for the fastest time and the most laps or if this is your first time ever on skates; every team is welcome to join the fun!
- KIKA is a charity that supports the fight against child cancer by raising money for research and other initiatives
- Every team is required to collect money; either by participating in the selling of lottery tickets (made available by the organisation of this event) or by organizing their own unique sponsorship programmes
The 24h Race (starts on Friday)
- Team up to 6 person
The 3h race (starts on Saturday)
THURSDAY 3 SEPTEMBER:
- 15:00: De 24kika camping open.
- 19:00 Diner for participants.
- 23:00 camping closed*
*Participants can stay the night, but the terrain is closed for cars.
Friday 4 SEPTEMBER:
- 09:30 Camping open
- 10:00 Registration open
- 12:30 Registration closed
- 13:30 Participants briefing
- 14:15 Get ready for the opening round
- 14:30 Start opening round
- 14:45 Get ready for the start
- 15:00 Start 24 uurs estafette.
ZATERDAG 5 SEPTEMBER
- 12:00 Start 3 hour race
- 15:00 Finish
- 15:00 Finish for all team members
- 15:30 Cheque giving to KIKA
- 15:45 Price giving.
For the ultimate 24h race experience you can camp next to the parcours. Each team can book a camping place from where you can start and encourage your team members. At the campsite you can prepare for your turn and recover from the fast laps. As a team you are responsible for your own campsite, so you have to bring your own tent, camper etc. Sanitation is provided by the accommodation. You can book a camping spot for €25,- per place.
Each team receives two transponders (except solo riders). The participant who is skating wears one and the one who will go next can already put on the transponder. The transponder registers the number of rounds and the time per round. The transponder is attached to an bracelet which you have to wear at one of your ankles when you are skating.
Each participant on the parcours is required to wear a helmet. During the night is is required to wear good working lights. Without a helmet or lights during the night you can be disqualified. When you see an accident happen, you are obligated to report this to the organisation. Make sure you read the rulebook before registration. During the event there will be medical first aid.